Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Christmas in July: Part 3

For Part 3 of my Christmas in July Sale I will be discounting my #3 best selling item: Sort it Out: An Addition and Subtraction Key Words Word Sort.


Sort it Out: An Addition and Subtraction Key Words Word Sort

I use this word sort to help students learn the key words to look for when solving word problems.  I usually let them sort them in teams and then we go over the words and their meanings as a class.  After we have sorted a few times we make these cute little creatures and glue the key words all over them.  There is no template for these guys (since it's not my original idea) we just make them out of construction paper, but they're really easy to make.  I got the idea to make these cuties from A Year of Many Firsts.  Click here to see how she uses them a bit differently. 


Then we hang them from the ceiling so we can reference them if needed.  We also add them to our interactive notebooks but I'll post about that when we work on it again this year so I can post some student samples for you.  I hope you enjoyed the Christmas in July sale.  Check back often or follow me to see more of my resources and future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment